New York Classical Theatre is seeking a full-time Development Manager
As New York City’s only all-free and accessible Off Broadway theatre, we create and reinvigorate audiences by presenting productions in non-traditional public spaces. Over the past 17 years, we have served over 180,000 people with productions in Central Park, Battery Park, Brookfield Place, Prospect Park, Carl Schurz Park, Rockefeller Park and on Governors Island.
We are a rapidly growing organization, in the midst of expanding programming year-round. Working closely with the Artistic Director & Marketing/Development Consultant, this position will:
· Execute all day-to-day fundraising initiatives
· Develop and implement strategies to maintain and secure new sources of institutional and individual revenue
· Write grant proposals, final reports and acknowledgements
· Prepare proposal budgets
· Coordinate an annual gala as well as spearhead intimate cultivation events
· Track grant requests and maintain development database
· Collaborate on marketing materials
· Serve as board liaison, coordinating and scheduling all meetings and communication
· Manage a part-time administrative staffer
· Minimum of 3 years of full-time development experience, preferably in the performing arts
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
· Ability to work independently and collaboratively and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
· An interest in classical theatre is a plus
Salary commensurate with experience.
New York Classical Theatre is committed to diversity in all its forms, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and sample grant proposal to email@example.com (PDF format preferred).
We are currently presenting Shakespeare’s The Winter’s Tale through August 14th and strongly encourage all applicants to attend a performance (all free) and experience our unique performance style.
Thanks for your interest. Please no phone calls. We will only be contacting those who will be invited for an interview.
CLICK HERE to download job posting.