New York Classical Theatre is seeking an Executive Director
New York Classical Theatre is NYC’s only all-free and accessible Off Broadway theatre.
We create and reinvigorate audiences by presenting free productions that pop up in non-traditional public spaces across NYC. Now in our 18th Season, we have served nearly 200,000 people with performances in Central Park, The Battery, Brookfield Place, Prospect Park, Carl Schurz Park, Rockefeller Park, One Liberty Plaza, and on Governors Island.
New York Classical’s FY17 budget is $450,000 and we are in the midst of expanding to year-round programming. The Executive Director will work in close partnership with the Artistic Director and the Marketing/Development Consultant to strategize and grow the organization.
- Execute all day-to-day fundraising initiatives
- Develop and implement strategies to maintain & secure new sources of support
- Spearhead gala and cultivation events
- Initiate and create partnerships with commercial real estate firms to secure large, vacant spaces across all five boroughs to serve as new performance venues for our all-free indoor productions
- Administer contracts and participate in negotiations with all unions
- Participate in annual budget preparation
- Strategic planning
- Collaborate on marketing materials
- Serve as board liaison
- Manage a part-time administrative staffer
- Minimum of 3 years of full-time development experience, preferably in the arts
- Excellent grant writing and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills with attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively and multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Background in classical theatre is a plus
Salary commensurate with experience.
New York Classical Theatre is committed to diversity in all its forms, and is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
To apply, please send a cover letter, resume, and sample grant proposal to firstname.lastname@example.org (PDF format preferred).
CLICK HERE to download job posting.